Posted by Vakul Kumar More on January 5, 2013
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 27,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 6 Film Festivals
Click here to see the complete report.
Posted in Technical | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Vakul Kumar More on December 30, 2012
Normally last week of every year is always a quiet and exciting for me but this year I planned not to take holiday but decided to use this time to reflect on my professional and personal accomplishments. Introspection is very important for everyone and I think this week of the year is the best one. There are lot of plans for the coming year.
2012 has been a great, fun, disappointing, stressful and frustrating educational year with lot of learning experiences and opportunities to contribute to the society. I have been given a huge responsibility at my work place which provided me an opportunity to learn and accept new challenges. I have achieved 2 Microsoft Certifications and worked on my MBA. On the voluntary front, I’m moderator of a technical website and also webmaster for a local community and implemented online payment for few events.
I make “New Year’s Resolutions” every year and this time I decided to work on a to-do list of work items that I want to focus on this year.
- Invest more time on Client Side Technologies (HTML5) and SharePoint.
- Blog at least once a week. (One on .NET Technologies and one on SharePoint)
- Contribute more to the Society through Give Camp and local user groups.
- Renew my interest in new Microsoft Technologies.
- Improve my social media presence (through twitter).
- Complete my MBA.
- Work on my personal health.
It’s been a busy year catching up with all new challenges and learning. In 2013, I plan to focus on contributing more to the community and it’s going to be a great year professionally.
Wishing you all Happy New Year and Happy Coding
Posted in General, Personal | Tagged: 2012, 2013, Vakul, Vakul Kumar, Vakul Kumar More | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Vakul Kumar More on December 4, 2012
Update: EXAM VOUCHER IS EXPIRED NOW. Tutorials are still available.
Here are 4 ways to prepare for the demand:
- Free Training – Want to learn HTML5 or brush up before taking the exam? Sign up to access the free online HTML5 course. http://aka.ms/HTML5OfferMVA
- Free Events – Microsoft Learning Partners are holding #TechShowcase events around the world. Find and attend one near you: http://aka.ms/TechShowcase
For a limited time (till March 2013 or till it lasts), Microsoft is offering a free voucher for Exam 70-480:
Happy Coding and All the Best for Exams.
Posted by Vakul Kumar More on September 11, 2012
.NET / Visual Studio
Posted in Useful Links | Tagged: .NET, ASP.NET, C# 3.0, Microsoft, MSDN, Vakul, Vakul Kumar, Vakul Kumar More, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2010 | Leave a Comment »