Good-bye to 2012
Posted by Vakul Kumar More on December 30, 2012
Normally last week of every year is always a quiet and exciting for me but this year I planned not to take holiday but decided to use this time to reflect on my professional and personal accomplishments. Introspection is very important for everyone and I think this week of the year is the best one. There are lot of plans for the coming year.
2012 has been a great, fun, disappointing, stressful and frustrating educational year with lot of learning experiences and opportunities to contribute to the society. I have been given a huge responsibility at my work place which provided me an opportunity to learn and accept new challenges. I have achieved 2 Microsoft Certifications and worked on my MBA. On the voluntary front, I’m moderator of a technical website and also webmaster for a local community and implemented online payment for few events.
I make “New Year’s Resolutions” every year and this time I decided to work on a to-do list of work items that I want to focus on this year.
- Invest more time on Client Side Technologies (HTML5) and SharePoint.
- Blog at least once a week. (One on .NET Technologies and one on SharePoint)
- Contribute more to the Society through Give Camp and local user groups.
- Renew my interest in new Microsoft Technologies.
- Improve my social media presence (through twitter).
- Complete my MBA.
- Work on my personal health.
It’s been a busy year catching up with all new challenges and learning. In 2013, I plan to focus on contributing more to the community and it’s going to be a great year professionally.
Wishing you all Happy New Year and Happy Coding