It took almost a month and half for me to present Part-2. In second part, I would introduce LINQ, VB 9 and C# 3.0.
Part-2 of this series covers the following topics:
- LINQ – Language Integrated Query
- VB.NET: Implicit types
- VB.NET: Extension Methods
- VB.NET: IntelliSense
- C# 3.0: Implicit typed local variables
- C# 3.0 Object Initializers
- C# 3.0 : Collection Initializers
- C# 3.0: Anonymous Types
- C# 3.0: Lambda Expression
Read More »
Visual Studio 2008 promises numerous improvements for Visual Basic, a data query called the Language Integrated Query (LINQ), a new Entity Framework for ADO.NET and updated tools for ASP.NET AJAX and Office 2007 development.
This series examines the IDE’s new features . This article looks at the improvements to the IDE and the aforementioned ADO.NET Entity Framework. Also we look looks at what’s new in Visual Basic 9 and LINQ; as you will see, these two concepts are closely related. All the new features in C# 3.0 are also discussed more clearly in further parts.
Part-1 of this series covers the following topics:
- N-tier application development
- Transparent Intellisense Mode
- CSS Style Manager
- Split view
- Web Designer, Editing and CSS Support
- Project Designer
- ASP.NET AJAX and VSTO for Office 2007
- The ADO.NET Entity Framework
Read More »